We are an international tax & business law firm that advances, the interests of all types of business entities, non-profit entities, fiduciaries, estates and individuals. We advance most of the legal needs of our clients as it pertains to their tax, international tax, business, immigration, asset protection, and estate planning needs.
We want to be more than your attorneys. Our goal is to establish a lifelong relationship whereby we are an indispensable part of your team and provide you with invaluable and continuous advice, representation and support. Feel free to contact us at your language. We speak English, Spanish, and Portuguese. We have three offices for the convenience of our clientele: Miami, Ciudad de Panamá and Bogotá.
Alvaro A. Acevedo Esq, C.P.A., E.A.
Alvaro “Al” Acevedo is the founder and President of Brickell Law Group, a Florida based law firm, and Acevedo Associates LLP, a Florida based Accounting Firm. He is triple licensed as an Attorney at Law, Certified Public Accountant, and Enrolled Agent by the Internal Revenue Service. He is also a Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute from the National Association of Enrolled Agents, and a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist from the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. He is the only professional in the United States to hold all three licenses and two credentials concurrently.
This speaks to his unique knowledge and experience in tax and business law. He can provide a unique perspective in investment matters because he considers not only how to structure transactions, but also the maintenance requirements. For more than 10 years, Al has been representing domestic and international corporations, LLCs, estates, trusts, individuals, non -profit entities, and partnership before the United States government at the examination, collections, appeals, and criminal investigation divisions.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Post-Doctoral Certificate in International Taxation
- Harvard University
- Comparative Tax Policy & Administration
- National Tax Practice Institute
- Fellowship in Tax Representation
- Nova Southeastern University College of Law
- Juris Doctor (Doctor of Law)
- Florida International University School of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Attorney at Law - Florida
- Certified Public Accountant – Massachusetts and Delaware
- Enrolled Agent – United States- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist - American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Bar
- United States Tax Court
- United States Immigration Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal Appellate Court for the 11th Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Professional Recognitions & Awards
- 2017 Corporate Vision Magazine: Attorney of the Year
- 2016 Negocios (Business) Magazine: Most Recognized Attorney in South Florida
- 2015 International Judicial Centre: Attorney of the Year
+1 305-204-9545 Ext.108
+1 305-204-9545 Ext.104
+1 305-204-9545 Ext.117
Juan Paulo Rodriguez
Business Law, Colombia
JUAN CAMILO VELAZQUEZ
+1 305-204-9545 Ext.110
The Lion's Den
Civil Litigation, USA